Mathematical Oncology Programmer II
Job posting number: #7074335 (Ref:hlj_28768)
Posted: January 22, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Computer programs used in this position include but are not limited to C++, Python, Matlab, and Java. Visualization of code output will also be a responsibility.
- These functions are performed with the general guidance and oversight of the PI.
- The primary responsibility of this position is to program code.
- The Mathematical Oncology Programmer II designs, develops, evaluates, and modifies computer programs for the solution of scientific problems and for the support of research and development in the department of Integrated Mathematical Oncology (IMO).
- This includes project development for translational work carried out with other members of IMO.
- This position is responsible for coding, tests, and debugging programs.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant field is required. Master’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant field is preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience required in coding, testing and debugging programs in C++, Python, Matlab and Java.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.