CLIN ONC INFUSION PHARMACIST
Job posting number: #7074332 (Ref:hlj_28791)
Posted: January 22, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Provides safe and effective drug therapy management to improve the outcomes of patients.
- Works centrally and decentrally to perform all functions of a Registered Pharmacist including accurate dispensing, clinical interaction with the health care team, patient care monitoring and supervision of the pharmacy technicians.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Will have a Doctor of Pharmacy degree.
- Has completed an Oncology Specialty Residency or has 5 years of experience in oncology.
- Ensures safe and effective dispensing, order validation and processing of chemotherapy and non-chemotherapy orders.
- Adheres to the institutional high risk standards, guidelines and policies for chemotherapy/biotherapy, handling and dispensing.
- Checks all technician activities for proper selection, labeling, preparation, and documentation of drug dispensing.
- Provides educational services to patients, physicians, nurses, students, and other healthcare professionals and within the Department of Pharmacy.
- Reports and investigates adverse drug, medication errors and communicates to the pertinent health care providers. Makes recommendations for treatment or modification of therapy when appropriate. Performs appropriate communication to applicable healthcare providers to ensure transition and/or continuity of care.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy required.
- Licensed as a Pharmacist in the state of Florida required.
- Either three (3) years of progressive Institutional Oncology Pharmaceutical Experience or Advanced Pharmacy Practice Residency (PGY1) is required.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.