Job posting number: #7072690 (Ref:hlj_28227)
Posted: December 1, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Mechanic II performs demand and scheduled preventive maintenance of the facility equipment to primarily include Mechanical, Utilities and associated systems in accordance with departmental, hospital and regulatory agency codes. Specific duties include maintaining facilities and equipment in hospital or clinic environment.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge depth for mechanical, utilities and associated systems according to standards established by management team. Can identify different types of mechanical specific tools and materials and how to use them, basic math skills.
- Provides work quality that meets customer needs, all applicable code requirements and consistently creates a safe environment.
- Performs preventive maintenance repairs for mechanical, utilities and associated systems and equipment to ensure a safe environment and operational reliability according to standards established by management team.
- Ensures that preventative maintenance (PM) tasks are properly completed and documented; and materials and time spent are documented appropriately.
- Demonstrates the ability to use maintenance equipment including hand-held power tools, computers for building automation and computerized maintenance management systems, and to resource with others effectively.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience Chiller/Boiler Service related experience required.
- Minimum of three (3) years Healthcare experience required.
- OSHA 10 Hour Certificate must be obtained within 90 days of employment.
- Ability to work various work shifts and/or weekends as needed
- Ability to travel between other Moffitt Cancer Center facilities
- Evidence of a good driving record and maintain a good record per Moffitt policy
- Driver’s License required, must obtain Florida Driver's License within 6 months of employment
- Stationary Engineer’s license is preferred.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.