Postdoctoral position - Symptom Research department - Dr. Heijnen
Job posting number: #7072287
Posted: November 18, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionThe Laboratory of Neuroimmunology focuses her basic and translational research on exploring the mechanisms and treatment of the neurotoxic effects of cancer treatment.
We are looking for a post-doctoral researcher with a strong background in Molecular Neuroscience to study the molecular and cellular damage to the brain as a result of cancer treatment and the neuroregenerative effects of cell therapy in the repair of structural and functional brain damage in mouse models. Experience with (single cell) RNA sequencing, mass cytometry, molecular cloning techniques, biochemistry, cell culture, confocal microscopy, and rodent behavior would be of great value for the research. The position is available immediately.
1. Research Activity
• Single cell RNA sequencing
• Culturing of neuronal precursors and mature neurons
• Isolation of cellular organelles
• Intravital and super resolution microscopy
• Calcium imaging
• Assess cognitive behavior in mice treated with chemotherapy
• Collect and process ex vivo biological samples
• Perform molecular studies on brain at RNA and protein level
• Perform immunohistochemistry and mass cytometry
• Perform metabolic studies using Seahorse Flux analysis
• Prepare and write manuscripts for publication.
• Transfection of MSC and neuronal cells.
2. Interpersonal Skills, Communication, Learning Skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work with others in a highly collaborative manner.
• Good problem-solving abilities.
• Strong interest in basic and translational research
• Supervision of 1-2 research assistants
Diversity and inclusion at MD Anderson are not just important; they are essential. We take an expansive view of diversity, considering differences in race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender and religious beliefs, as well as communication styles, thought, skill and ambition. We constantly examine our culture to create an inclusive working environment that effectively attracts, retains, develops and utilizes the skills and talents of all employees. Our Diversity Council develops strategies to attract and retain superior talent and enhance workforce diversity and inclusion. We also offer multiple diversity training programs to our employees.