Technical Information Scientist
Job posting number: #7072258 (Ref:JAX28117)
Posted: November 18, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Jackson Laboratory is seeking a Technical Information Scientist (TIS) with extensive training in the field of immunology for our Bar Harbor, ME or Sacramento, CA campuses!
The successful candidate will be a highly-trained, self-motivated research scientist excited about science but looking for an alternative to a career writing grants and performing experimental bench work. The primary focus of this position is assisting investigators with their email and phone inquiries and helping them achieve their scientific solution-based research goals.
The TIS role also includes opportunities to:
- Interface with researchers worldwide
- Travel and deliver scientific presentations
- Develop educational marketing literature
- Build technical sales skills
- Remain current in your field of interest (as it relates to mouse and human immunology)
- Participate in leadership opportunities
- Continue to develop your scientific career as part of a diverse, dynamic team within a non-profit business setting
- Develop and deliver educational presentations, both off-site and via webinar with the scientific community and JMCRS
- Serve as the principal internal scientific resource for JAX Mice Clinical and Research Services (JMCRS) internal staff
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of JAX Services & offerings and their scientific basis
- Support the promotion and use of mouse models and related scientific services
- PhD in the biological sciences with extensive training and expertise in both mouse and human immunology, autoimmunity and inflammation, or MS in Life Sciences with 2+ years of directly related experience
- Extensive mastery of Salesforce CRM preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Functions well independently and in a team environment
- The ability to travel (10-25%) to deliver engaging presentations to large audiences
Please submit a cover letter of interest and resume!
The Jackson Laboratory (JAX) is an independent, nonprofit biomedical research institution with more than 2,300 employees. Headquartered in Bar Harbor, Maine, it has a National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center in Augusta, Maine, a genomic medicine institute in Farmington, Connecticut, and facilities in Ellsworth, Maine, Sacramento, California, and Shanghai, China. Its mission is to discover precise genomic solutions for disease and empower the global biomedical community in the shared quest to improve human health.
The Jackson Laboratory's 43-acre scenic Bar Harbor campus is nestled between the Gulf of Maine and the mountains of Acadia National Park. Some of the best hiking and biking in the world (over 50 square miles of mountains, lakes, views, and dramatic coastline) is accessible from our campus. We are one mile from downtown Bar Harbor, which offers a vibrant downtown district with a plethora of restaurants, shops, museums, and galleries.
JAX employees work in a collaborative, value-driven, and team-based environment where the focus is on advancing science and improving patients’ lives. Researchers apply genetics to increase the understanding of human disease and advance treatments and cures for cancer, neurological and immune disorders, diabetes, aging, and heart disease. JAX was voted among the top 15 “Best Places to Work in Academia” in the United States in a poll conducted by The Scientist magazine!
INTEGRITY - Courage and commitment to do what is right
PEOPLE - Inspiring our people to enhance the health of all
ONE TEAM - Unified by our promise to transform medicine and science
EXCELLENCE - Achieving world-class results
INNOVATION - Leading with discovery and creative solutions
STEWARDSHIP - Caring for and enhancing the resources entrusted to us
What do we have to offer?
JAX offers a dynamic and supportive work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, including a medical plan, outstanding retirement plan, generous paid time off, and tuition reimbursement including an MBA program. Our campus offers a fitness center with an award-winning wellness program, an onsite full service cafeteria, and a fully operational primary care facility available to employees and their families.
Most importantly, every position contributes to JAX’s mission of discovering precise genomic solutions for human disease and empowering the global biomedical community in our shared quest to improve human health.
Employment will require successful completion of references, background check, pre-employment physical, drug test and an appropriate non-compete agreement.
The Jackson Laboratory provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
Learn more about career opportunities at JAX: http://www.jax.org/careers.