Job posting number: #7071452 (Ref:JAX27740)
Posted: October 28, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
This is a Ph.D. level position in which the incumbent contributes to the scientific direction and strategic goals of Genetic Resource Science, contributes to the overall direction and research component of the Mouse Mutant Resource, and develops and maintains an independent research program consisting of at least one R01 level research grant.
• Contributes to the scientific direction and strategic goals of research programs in –omics based population studies, especially in the area of human immunology and vaccinology.
• Acts as project manager providing scientific and budgetary oversight on research grants. Participates in applications of future research grants. Disseminates research findings by presenting at scientific meetings, through invited seminars, and through peer-reviewed publication.
• Provides supervisory oversight to research assistants and postdoctoral associates.
• Leads data analysis and preparation of manuscripts.
• Provides service to the institutional/compliance, external/research, and educational communities
• Minimum of three years of postdoctoral experience.
• Ability to submit competitive grant applications and secure extramural funding.
• Ability to travel, both nationally and internationally, three to five times per year.
• A minimum of three years experience in the human immunology community.
Doctorate degree with 3 years of related experience a must.