SENIOR AUTOMATION ENGINEER
Job posting number: #7071261 (Ref:hlj_27761)
Posted: October 22, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- The senior automation engineer provides daily SME support in the execution of automation infrastructure design and the configuration, implementation, and maintenance of Moffitt’s systems and related technology leveraged by the research, business, and clinical communities. This position will focus on areas including (but not limited to) all aspects of the automation design of the Center’s virtualization, cloud platform, server/OS, and LAN/WAN architectures. The senior automation engineer ensures optimal performance is maintained across Moffitt’s production infrastructure, develops technical standards and operational procedures, and analyzes root causes after critical incidents.
The Ideal Candidate
- Working experience with hardware and software systems including on-premise data center with Cisco, Cisco UCS, Dell, Dell / EMC, DNS, MS DHCP, Citrix NetScaler, VMware, VMware Horizon, Linux, Windows, LAN/WAN/SDN technologies as well as various cloud providers.
- Project, Technical Strategies, and Business Understanding
- Problem-solving, Maintenance, Disaster Recovery, and Business Continuity
- Planning, Analysis, Teamwork
- Upgrade and Implement Systems
- Documentation, Organization
- Mentor, Knowledge Transfer, Collaboration
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree - Information Systems, Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, Healthcare or related
- Minimum of Ten (10) years proficiency in infrastructure automation engineering and technical infrastructure implementation role in virtualization, cloud platform, server/OS, and LAN/WAN architectures. Experience and demonstrated skills in the following:
- Experience successfully leading cloud-based, on-prem data center automation projects, and initiatives.
- In-depth knowledge of current automation technologies and tools, including Windows and Linux - Cloudformation, Terraform, SovLabs, Salt, OpenShift, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Significant experience with automation architecture, and management of AWS/GCP/Azure infrastructure components such as VPCs, EC2, S3, tagging schemes, CloudFormation, etc.
- Experience with Ansible Tower, Ansible playbooks, and modules.
- Experience with VMware vRealize Automation.
- Master’s degree - Information Systems, Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, Healthcare or related
- CCNA, CCNP, PCNSA
- AWS – Professional DevOps Engineer
- Experience in multiple technical specialties preferred.
- Diverse technical background with advanced working knowledge of multiple operating systems (Linux/Windows), hardware platforms, and virtualization technologies (VMware vRealize Automation, VMware Integrated OpenStack, etc.).
Experience in one or more of the following technologies:
- Software-defined networking
- Software-defined storage
- Compute virtualization
- Private/public/multi/hybrid cloud
- Experience engineering technologies to be delivered as a service.
- Preferred experience working in an environment where HIPAA and NIST compliance is in use.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task and manage several independent projects simultaneously.
- Significant and successful experience in designing various IT solutions and implementation. Experience in a healthcare setting preferred, specifically a hospital or hospital system, preferably in a 24x7 environment.
- Working experience with hardware and software systems including on-premise data center with Cisco, Cisco UCS, Dell, Dell / EMC, DNS, MS DHCP, Citrix NetScaler, VMware, VMware Horizon, Linux, Windows, LAN/WAN/SDN technologies as well as various cloud providers is preferred.
Additional Skills/Specialized Training Required:
- As automation infrastructure SME, provide expertise and knowledge in emerging technologies with strategic technology vendors.
- Ability to execute the detailed infrastructure automation design in collaboration with IT stakeholders, service owners, and partners.
- Ensure cloud-based, and on-prem automation architectures meet availability and recoverability requirements.
- Design and implement complex automation processes to increase operational efficiency and reduce project timelines.
- Maintain appropriate standardized guidelines, work procedures, and schedules for solution engineering within the IT environment to expedite workflow and improve efficiencies.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.