Research Associate - Data Mining and Machine Learning
New Orleans, LA
Job posting number: #7070537
Posted: October 2, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionThe Data Mining & Bioinformatics Group in the Physics and Computer Science Department at Xavier University of Louisiana invites applicants for a full-time research position. We seek a highly motivated research associate to join our team in developing novel scalable data mining/machine learning algorithms for knowledge discoveries from multi-view/multi-modal real-world data and/or streaming data. The successful applicant will work with established researchers in the field of big data analytics with applications in biomedical informatics or surveillance.
Successful candidates must have：
1. A doctorate in computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, software engineering, computer engineering, or a related field,
2. At least three years of experience in Machine Learning, Data Mining, Pattern Recognition, Bioinformatics or Statistical Modeling research with a proven publication record,
3. Minimum five years of programming experience in C++, Java, Matlab, Python and/or R,
4. Good oral and written communication skills, and
5. Knowledge of deep learning, transfer learning, data integration and high performance computing is a plus.
This is a three-year appointment that opens immediately and ends in 2023. Competitive salary and benefits are commensurate with the applicant’s credentials and qualifications.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply using Xavier’s online application site by logging in to https://jobs.xula.edu. Please submit a comprehensive vita that includes recent publications (if any) and contact information for three references.
Please contact Dr. Kun Zhang at firstname.lastname@example.org and Dr. Andrea Edwards at email@example.com for additional information or questions.
Screening of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.