SPVR CELL THER MANUFACTURING SERV
Job posting number: #7070264 (Ref:hlj_27404)
Posted: September 24, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Opportunity to join a NCI designated comprehensive cancer center at a supervisory level to assist in the in production of novel cellular therapy treatments for cancer patients.
Participation in cutting edge-immunotherapy clinical trials designed to activate immune system cells for the treatment of cancer.
Supervise an expanding team of laboratory professionals dedicated to GMP cell manufacturing in support of institutional and industry-sponsored pre-clinical and clinical studies.
Collaborate with scientists, clinicians, quality and regulatory experts, facility operations personnel and industry partners to facilitate team science.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Three or more years of laboratory supervisory experience
- Experience in cell culture and aseptic technique
- Must have working familiarity with:
- Human cells including hematopoietic, mesenchymal, primary tumor cells and/or cell lines
- Aseptic cell processing methodology
- Basic knowledge of hematology, immunology, blood banking and microbiology
- Cell culture methods
- Flow cytometric assay methods
- Laboratory Information System operation and validation
- Accreditation and regulatory requirements
- Assay Development
- Process Improvement and critical thinking.
- Flexible schedule
- Assist in overseeing operations of the Cell Therapy Production Laboratory.
- Responsible for the day to day monitoring of assigned operational supplies and reagents.
- Will recruit, hire, train, supervise, and develop assigned staff. Duties include but are not limited to conducting employee evaluations, coaching/mentoring and disciplinary action when necessary
- Perform cellular product processing using multiple processing, cell culture, and separation techniques.
- Will collaborate with the Laboratory Information Management Specialist to maintain the CTF laboratory information system by identifying information needs and problems; recommending improvements; establishing priorities; testing; training employees; maintaining security and confidentiality.
- Ensure processing staff follow established Quality Management system.
- The position is for dayshift; however, work schedule and/or shift adaptability may be required to ensure production schedules are met.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology or other Biological Science.
- Three years of cell therapy or related experience, five years preferred.
- Demonstrated competency in diverse biological processes following good documentation practices.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to achieve expected outcomes
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.