RN (Per Diem) - Clinic at Wesley Chapel
Job posting number: #7070263 (Ref:hlj_27430)
Posted: September 24, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Moffitt Cancer Center at Wesley Chapel (MWC) will serve as a comprehensive satellite clinic providing Moffitt expected clinical expertise and extend the reach of our nationally ranked brand in the growing Pasco County area. The 29k square foot facility will offer the following services:
- Infusion Therapy
- Radiation Oncology
- Medical Oncology
- Surgical Oncology consults
- Research in a patient-centered design where space has been prioritized for patient care.
Located just off Bruce B Downs Boulevard on the campus of our partner, AdventHealth at Wesley Chapel, this location will help grow our referral base and conveniently serve our patients and families in that area.
We are currently looking for a Registered Nurse to join our team.
- The Registered Nurse delivers individualized quality nursing care to cancer patients and families in accordance with established hospital guidelines, nursing professional practice model, nursing care standards and policies and in accordance with ANA code of ethics and external regulatory agencies.
- Registered Nurses embody the vision, mission, and philosophy of Moffitt Nursing and are committed to and accountable for personalized patient and family centered care and the concepts of Duffy's quality caring model/caring factors. These frameworks of care include: collaboration and mutual problem solving, dignity and human respect, encouraging manner, attentive reassurance, appreciation of unique meaning, healing environment, basic human needs, information sharing, caring for self, and affiliation needs.
- Registered Nurses use the nursing process to effectively plan and manage quality patient care. Biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, educational and discharge planning needs are addressed in all steps of the nursing process. This is demonstrated in base-line and comparative documentation, entered in a timely manner, and with evidence of age-appropriate consideration when care is planned, delivered, and evaluated.
The Ideal Candidate
- The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Oncology experience as a registered nurse
- BSN from an ACEN or CCNE accrredited institution
- 2 years of ambulatory/outpatient clinic experience as a registered nurse
- Strong telephone triage assessment skills
- OCN certification
- Ability to adapt to change while remaining open-minded
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- A desire to help people
- Uses the nursing process to assess, plan, and evaluate the care of cancer patients and families. Integrates patient and family centered care and the quality caring factors into practice
- Identifies, documents, and provides patient education based on learning needs of the patient
- Participates in Evidence based improvement activities related to area of practice
- Participates in professional development based on the nursing professionals standards, regulatory requirements, and job expectations
Credentials and Qualifications:
- BSN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with at least two years of relevant experience or ASN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with 2 years of relevant experience and enrolled to complete BSN from an ACEN or CCNE within 3 years of hire
- FL RN License
- BCLS Certification
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.