Job posting number: #7069797 (Ref:hlj_23361)
Posted: September 15, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Perform all tasks and procedures necessary to provide appropriate blood components for transfusion.
- Exercises broad independent judgement and requires minimal technical supervision to complete assigned tasks.
- Performs quality control and assurance duties
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology.
- Has 3 years of experience as a Medical Technologist in Immunohematology.
- Will adapt positively to change, and interact effectively and professionally with others.
- Receives, accessions and processes blood specimens.
- Maintains adequate inventory levels of all blood components to ensure appropriate components are available when needed for transfusion.
- Performs and reports routine serological tests in the area of Immunohematology.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Associate’s degree in Medical technology or related field is required.
- Florida state license in the specialties of Immunohematology required. Additional licenses in Hematology, Chemistry, Serology and Microbiology preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems is preferred.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.