Job posting number: #7069652 (Ref:hlj_27157)
Posted: September 10, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, "To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.
· Will transport patients throughout the Cancer Center in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
The Ideal Candidate:
· Will have experience in patient transport or other patient care staff position.
· Has working knowledge of lifting techniques with the physical ability necessary for frequent lifting and pushing of light to heavy objects and periods of long standing and walking.
· Transport patients in a safe manner and seek assistance when needed or required utilizing appropriate body mechanics at all times
· Assist in the discharge of the patients from the inpatient/outpatient units by escorting patients via wheelchair to the exit area and assisting the patient into the vehicle as needed.
· Follow infection control policies related but not limited to standard and isolation precautions.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Current BLS required
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.