MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN III
Job posting number: #7069638 (Ref:hlj_27156)
Posted: September 10, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Maintenance Technician III is responsible for the maintenance, operation, and repair of buildings, equipment and systems throughout the assigned facilities. The Maintenance Technician III performs demand and scheduled preventive maintenance of the facility equipment to cover all trades including but not limited to plumbing, electrical, mechanical, HVAC, refrigeration, pneumatic tube, painting, carpentry and associated systems in accordance with departmental, hospital and regulatory agency codes. Specific duties include maintaining facilities and equipment in hospital or clinic environment.
- Performs general maintenance repairs and other duties as assigned as referenced in Unit Specific Competency Check List and performs any work assignment in conjunction with the skill sets required of the job, not necessarily within craft line.
- Responds to emergency situations including disaster response, power and other utilities loss, floods, etc. to limit effect to facility.
- Performs inspections, maintenance and repair while providing a safe environment for patients, team members and visitors.
- Identifies, understands basic blueprint terms, components and symbols; relates prints to actual locations; recognizes classifications of drawings; interprets, uses plan dimensions. Uses floor plans to locate walls and parts of buildings. Demonstrates the ability to read and interpret schematics, and perform general mechanical repairs.
- Responsible for the knowledge and is able to identify and recognize some of the basic hand tools used in the construction trade; use of hand tools safely; and description of the basic procedures for taking care of hand tools safely.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Minimum of five (5) years Maintenance experience required.
- Minimum of two (2) years healthcare specific maintenance experience is required.
- Ability to work various work shifts and/or weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel between other Moffitt Cancer Center facilities.
- Evidence of a good driving record and maintain a good record per Moffitt policy.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.