NUCLEAR MED TECHNOLOGIST
Job posting number: #7068448 (Ref:hlj_26735)
Posted: July 31, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Performs procedures on selected anatomy as requested by the clinician on patients in the following age groups: adolescence 12-19 years, adults 20-65 years and geriatric adults 65 and older.
- Performs a variety of procedures with the knowledge and ability to apply the proper scan protocols needed to visualize the anatomy in question.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is dedicated to superior customer service and satisfaction.
- Makes continuous effort to identify opportunities to meet or exceed the patient's needs and expectations.
- Participates in teaching patients and family members addressing any issues or concerns.
- Performs both diagnostic and therapeutic Nuclear Medicine procedures
- Responsible for the receipt, preparation, utilization and administration of radioactive materials.
- Reviews and verifies that the QA performed meets department and state guidelines.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Florida state license required.
- Associate degree in Radiology required.
- Graduate of a Committee of Allied Health Education and AMA accredited Nuclear Medicine program.
- ARRT, NMTCB certification or equivalent required.
- Current BLS required.
- At least 1 year of previous experience in a hospital setting required.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.