Job posting number: #7068447 (Ref:hlj_26740)
Posted: July 31, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Performs and reports the results of laboratory tests in the areas of routine hematology, coagulation, urinalysis, chemistry and basic blood banking.
- Performs basic referral lab ordering and paperwork.
- Performs quality control and assurance duties.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology.
- Has ability to problem solve and troubleshoot technical problems.
- Receives, accessions and processes blood and a variety of other human source specimens for clinical analysis.
- Performs and reports results of routine manual and automated tests in the areas of hematology and coagulation.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Associate degree required.
- Florida state license in the specialties of Hematology, Clinical Chemistry and Serology required. Immunohematology and Microbiology preferred.
- Three (3) years of experience as a Medical technologist preferred.
- Follows established policies and procedures pertaining to quality control requirements and acceptability of data.
- Is knowledgeable of theory, testing principles, and instrumentation related to routine clinical laboratory procedures in the areas of hematology, coagulation, blood banking, microbiology and clinical chemistry.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.