INTERVENTIONAL RADIOLOGY TECH
Job posting number: #7068443 (Ref:hlj_26716)
Posted: July 31, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Will perform sterile invasive and diagnostic procedures as well as administering contrast agents on selected portions of the anatomy as requested by clinician on patients based on age appropriate criteria.
- Is responsible to work as part of a team that may consist of licensed independent providers, nursing, specialized scheduling coordinators, supervisory and management staff.
- Assists the radiologist during the entire course of the interventional radiology procedure.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has an Associate degree in Radiologic Technology with Advanced certification in the vascular discipline.
- Has one to two years of previous Interventional Radiology experience in a hospital setting.
- Must demonstrate complete working knowledge of all IR exams and the use of all IR equipment.
- Must have an understanding of anatomy and pathology and how they affect the quality of a procedure.
- Must understand and possess the ability to correctly bill and charge using appropriate codes as required.
- Ensures that all supplies are present and in the room prior to any procedure based on the daily IR schedule to include any and all research studies.
- Provides quality images with accuracy and efficiency.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be a graduate of a JECERT accredited school of Radiologic Technology.
- Advanced ARRT certification in Vascular Interventional Radiology (IV) required within 1 year of hire.
- Current Florida RT license required.
- Current BLS required.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.