DIAG IMAGING ASST I
Job posting number: #7068442 (Ref:hlj_26734)
Posted: July 31, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- To provide basic patient care, facilitate in-patient and out-patient flow in the Imaging Department to help prevent delays, perform clerical functions in assigned Radiology departments.
- Will support the technologists and nursing staff during procedures.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Will understand the basics of Radiology procedures including patient safety, radiation and MRI safety, patient education, preparation and invasive procedure processes and order modifying.
- Has an Associate degree.
- Will have basic familiarity working with nursing, physicians, technologist and patient care procedures.
- Has a Medical Assistant/Nursing Assistant certification or Basic X-ray Operators license.
- A minimum of one year experience in a hospital or medical clinic setting involved indirectly or directly with patient care.
- Communicate clearly and openly.
- Facilitate all patient flow in their assigned modality utilizing multiple systems (ie: patient trackingboard, Power Chart), using verbal and written communication and collaborates with all members of the team.
- Maintains accurate levels of supplies and restocks according to inventory needs.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High school Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Current BLS required.
- Experience in personal computing software is necessary with some basic knowledge of excel spread sheets and Microsoft office software.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.