CLINICAL PHARMACY SPECIALIST
Job posting number: #7068436 (Ref:hlj_26715)
Posted: July 31, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- The Clinical Pharmacy Specialist at Moffitt Cancer Center is dedicated to the goal of contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The Clinical Specialist provides safe, evidence-based, cost effective, and patient- centered medication management as an integral part of an interdisciplinary team. They are responsible for providing clinical pharmacy support to physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and other staff when caring for patients while in the hospital as well as in the ambulatory clinics. A high level of expertise is utilized to recommend, design, implement, monitor, and modify pharmaceutical care plans to optimize patient outcomes. The Clinical Specialist will have extensive clinical experience within their disease state specialization as well as pharmacy practice experience including medication safety, formulary management, pathway/guideline development, policy development/implementation, oncology reimbursement and coverage, and clinical research. The clinical specialist will also have an active role in the education of patients and family members, healthcare providers, and pharmacy students and residents.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Doctor of Pharmacy Degree from an accredited College of Pharmacy or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Has Board of Pharmacy Specialties (BPS) certification in area of specialty practice.
- Relevant work experience as a clinical pharmacist in the area of specialization.
- Provides oversight for safe and appropriate use of medication prescribing, dispensing, administering, and monitoring. Provides clinical pharmaceutical care to optimize drug therapy for cancer patients through the recommendation, implementation, monitoring, and modification of individualized treatment plans in collaboration with the healthcare team.
- Performs medication order review, clarification, and verification assessing for completeness and appropriateness. Supervises accurate hazardous and non-hazardous drug preparation and distribution per policies and procedures. Provides chemotherapy order processing and double checks as necessary.
- Develops, interprets, and provides medication related information and education for pharmacists, providers, nurses, and other healthcare personnel. Coordinates and provides medication therapy education and counseling to patients and caregivers. Precepts pharmacy students, residents, and others in training. Accountable participation in clinical research and projects.
- Provides leadership for developing, implementing, and maintaining medication-related guidelines, policies, and standards. Manages the medication use process to improve workflow, quality, and safety for patients and staff. Oversees the cost effective use of medications to ensure appropriate utilization of resources and reduce financial risk.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy required.
- Licensed as a Pharmacist in the state of Florida required.
- Completion of a PGY-2 Residency in Hematology/Oncology or other area of specialization, or a minimum of 5 years experience in a progressive clinical practice.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.