CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT
Job posting number: #7068433 (Ref:hlj_26717)
Posted: July 31, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Certified Medical Assistants are essential members of the clinic team.
- Certified Medical Assistants contribute to the healthcare of patients by assisting with exams and procedures, organizing and managing patient flow, and taking on other responsibilities based on the needs of the department.
- Specific training/experience maybe required depending upon the specialty area of the position
The Ideal Candidate:
- Successful completion of an accredited Medical Assistant training program.
- Knowledge of examination, diagnostic, and treatment room procedures.
- Has prior experience in an outpatient setting.
- After proper patient identification, performs initial patient screening, including vital signs, screening questions, allergy information, and medication history as appropriate. Notifies appropriate staff of positive screening or abnormal vital signs.
- Documents collected data completely and accurately in medical record including staff notifications. Loads images in preparation for provider visit, as needed.
- Ensures clinic patient flow is smooth and efficient. Keeps patients and clinical team informed of delays. Communicates effectively to patients, providers, nurses, and other team members.
- Assists practitioner in patient procedures/treatments/examinations, including room preparation, patient positioning, supplies, and equipment. Maintains and uses principles of aseptic techniques and universal precautions when performing clinical duties and tasks.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High school Diploma or equivalent required.
- Current BLS required.
- Certification or Registration from one of the following organizations is required:
- American Association of Medical Assistants (CMA)
- American Medical Technologist (RMA)
- National Center for Competency Testing (NCMA)
- National Healthcareer Association (CCMA)
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.