Postdoctoral Positions in Optical diagnostics, imaging and biosensing
Job posting number: #7068139 (Ref:Postdoctoral Search 2020)
Posted: July 23, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionThe Laboratory for Optical Micromechanics and Imaging at the Wellman Center for Photomedicine is seeking highly motivated PhD scientists to fill open postdoctoral positions in optical diagnostics, imaging and biosensing. Our laboratory is located at Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School. The Wellman Center is the world’s largest academic research facility dedicated to the development of light-mediated, diagnostic and therapeutic technologies.
At the Laboratory for Optical Micromechanics and Imaging our mission is to innovate, develop and translate light-based technologies to address major clinical and biomedical problems in hematology, atherosclerosis and cancer research. Candidates with strong backgrounds in Engineering, Optics, Physics and other relevant disciplines are sought to join leading efforts in the development and application of new technologies including laser speckle rheology, optical coherence tomography, birefringence microscopy, point-of-care optical diagnostics, miniature endoscopy and microfluidic devices. For more information about our research please visit: http://nadkarnilab.mgh.harvard.edu
1. Exceptional candidates will have a Ph.D. degree in Optical Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, Biomedical Engineering, Physics or other relevant technical disciplines.
2. Multiple positions are available for candidates with demonstrated excellence in one or more of the following areas: Optics and Photonics, Optical system design and Instrumentation, Biosensing technologies, and Medical device development.
3. Advanced programming skills in Matlab, LabView and/or C++ are required.
4. A keen interest in innovating medical technologies for clinical translation and commercialization.
5. An entrepreneurial mindset is highly desirable.
To apply: Interested candidates are invited to send a detailed CV, a cover letter describing training and research experience, and names and contact information of three referees to Dr. Seemantini Nadkarni via email at email@example.com with the subject line: Postdoctoral fellowship application 2020