RN - Post Anesth Care Unit
Job posting number: #7067878 (Ref:hlj_26491)
Posted: July 16, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Surgery is a difficult time for patients and loved ones. Protecting our patients’ well-being and privacy are priorities for us. The surgical journey at Moffitt Cancer Center follows a specific path.
The first part of a patient’s journey is a pre-anesthesia testing, or PAT, appointment where patients are evaluated before surgery.
The second part is the time before surgery or pre-surgery, when patients are preparing for surgery by following the personalized instructions from their clinic and PAT appointment.
Next, patients check into Moffitt for their surgery.
The fourth part is the Post-Anesthesia Care Unit, also known as the PACU, where patients wake up from anesthesia after surgery.
The final part is after surgery or post-surgery. This is the patients’ recovery time.
We are currently looking for a Registered Nurse to join our team in the PACU.
- The Registered Nurse delivers individualized quality nursing care to cancer patients and families in accordance with established hospital guidelines, nursing professional practice model, nursing care standards and policies and in accordance with ANA code of ethics and external regulatory agencies.
- Registered Nurses embody the vision, mission, and philosophy of Moffitt Nursing and are committed to and accountable for personalized patient and family centered care and the concepts of Duffy's quality caring model/caring factors. These frameworks of care include: collaboration and mutual problem solving, dignity and human respect, encouraging manner, attentive reassurance, appreciation of unique meaning, healing environment, basic human needs, information sharing, caring for self, and affiliation needs.
- Registered Nurses use the nursing process to effectively plan and manage quality patient care. Biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, educational and discharge planning needs are addressed in all steps of the nursing process. This is demonstrated in base-line and comparative documentation, entered in a timely manner, and with evidence of age-appropriate consideration when care is planned, delivered, and evaluated.
The Ideal Candidate
- The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Strong IV skills
- 3 years of Procedural recovery
- Uses the nursing process to assess, plan, and evaluate the care of cancer patients and families. Integrates patient and family centered care and the quality caring factors into practice
- Identifies, documents, and provides patient education based on learning needs of the patient
- Participates in Evidence based improvement activities related to area of practice
- Participates in professional development based on the nursing professionals standards, regulatory requirements, and job expectations
Credentials and Qualifications:
- BSN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with at least two years of relevant experience or ASN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with 2 years of relevant experience and enrolled to complete BSN from an ACEN or CCNE within 3 years of hire
- FL RN License
- ACLS Certification
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.