RESEARCH PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM MGR
Job posting number: #7067335 (Ref:hlj_26330)
Posted: June 30, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Moffitt Cancer Center is a modern facility in Tampa, Florida. We strive to be the leader in understanding in the complexity of cancer through team science and applying those insights for human benefits. Be part of the cure by joining Moffitt's team of over 800 research faculty scientists, career staff scientists, postdocs, graduate students and support staff dedicated to cancer research.
The CCSG Administration team is recruiting for a Research Partnership Program Manager in Tampa, FL.
Opportunity to join a NCI designated comprehensive cancer center and to foster the development of AdventHealth as a consortium partner within Moffitt’s Cancer Center Support Grant (CCSG).
Play a critical role in supporting the successful development of joint research activities that foster our shared mission to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer through the pursuit of exceptional science.
Opportunity to collaborate with a team of professionals at Moffitt and AdventHealth to facilitate all joint research activities intended to support the achievement and maintenance of CCSG consortium partner status.
Support the development of an infrastructure to support cancer prevention and care delivery research in partnership with AdventHealth.
This position will also work with the co-leaders of a developing joint Metabolism Program and/or other programs and the CCSG Business Office to support collaborative research.
Opportunity to develop strong relationships and work closely with key leaders, scientists and clinicians in metabolism research, population health, primary care, urgent care and oncology care at AdventHealth.
Work closely with the Assistant Center Director for Research Strategic Partnerships to ensure the integration of observational research projects (both PI-initiated and institutional biobanking through Total Cancer Care), multi-level intervention studies, basic/translational research projects, and virtual health programs with AdventHealth.
The Ideal Candidate
Experienced in Population Science, Clinic-based and/or Basic Science research.
Outstanding communication skills, interpersonal effectiveness, and the ability to work well and build ecumenical relationships with others
The successful candidate will be able to make independent decisions, exercise authority when necessary and anticipate needs of the Office
- Develop strong relationships and work closely with key leaders and clinicians in population health, primary care, urgent care and oncology care at AdventHealth.
- Identify what is needed to support development of an infrastructure to support cancer prevention and care delivery research.
- Work with others to develop infrastructure needed to support research in partnership with primary, urgent and oncology care clinics (e.g., communication and tracking systems, EHR changes, consent and monitoring procedures specific to individual studies, etc.).
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations, reports and summary documents to support the communication of partnership-relevant activities within and outside Moffitt
- Maintain working knowledge of CCSG consortium requirements and expectations.
- Serve as a liaison for all CCSG-related partnership research activities between Moffitt and AdventHealth.
- Facilitate and track collaborative activities between MCC and AH teams.
- Work in collaboration with the Senior Director of Business and Communications and team to support CCSG-related research partnership activities and with the Director of Client Services and Operations and team to support overall AdventHealth partnership activities.
- Ensure appropriate communication relevant to research partnership activities with all CCSG-related entities.
- Manage general communications intended to support partnership-relevant research collaborations and retreats.
- Facilitate clear communication between Moffitt and AdventHealth teams to ensure that joint activities move forward in a programmatic and logical manner.
- Assist with development and management of a consortium strategic plan with timelines and milestones designed to support activities that will support a strong CCSG consortium partnership for future CCSG renewal applications.
- Work closely with the Community Outreach, Engagement and Equity Office to ensure that partnership-relevant research activities described within the Consortium RSP appropriately consider the impact of the work within the catchment area.
- Assist with tracking goals and objectives within the consortium strategic plan.
- For revisions and future plans, work with Director, Research Planning and Business Ops, to integrate partnership activities into the overall Moffitt Research Strategic Plan.
- Together with the Moffitt TCC External Research Support Manager, track and report on progress toward TCC Protocol Implementation milestones with Moffitt’s partners to the Assistant Center Director Research Strategic Partnerships, AH and MCC Leadership and at C4 meetings.
- Identify and overcome barriers to implementation in an expedited manner.
- Support the development of an infrastructure for cancer prevention and care delivery research within AdventHealth’s inpatient, ambulatory and urgent care centers.
- Develop strong relationships with clinical leaders at Moffitt, AdventHealth and other partners to support collaborative clinic-based research.
- Coordinate with Moffitt TCC Scientific Director or designee to ensure that operational support is provided by TCC for the development and execution of specific collaborative TCC-related research projects.
- Meet with investigator teams to outline and gather information needed to draft such manuscripts and white papers.
- Develop initial drafts of manuscripts and white papers in collaboration with others.
Credentials and Qualifications
- Bachelors degree and six (6) years or Masters degree and four (4) years experience in scientific research required.
- Experience within a cancer center setting and knowledge of the CCSG preferred.
- Experience with conducting research in healthcare and community-based settings preferred.
- Experience with research program planning, management, and administration required.
- Self-starter and self-motivated.
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to achieve expected outcomes
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.