Job posting number: #7067333 (Ref:hlj_26329)
Posted: June 30, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Moffitt Cancer Center is a modern facility in Tampa, Florida. We strive to be the leader in understanding in the complexity of cancer through team science and applying those insights for human benefits. Be part of the cure by joining Moffitt's team of over 800 research faculty scientists, career staff scientists, postdocs, graduate students and support staff dedicated to cancer research.
The CCSG Administrative team is recruiting for an Executive Assistant in Tampa, FL.
Opportunity to join a NCI designated comprehensive cancer center to provide support for the development and expansion of Moffitt’s research strategic partnerships
Participation in expanding Moffitt’s reach and impact throughout Florida
Involvement in developing relationships to provide a strong foundation to enhance Moffitt’s research partnerships.
The Ideal Candidate
Strong communication skills, interpersonal effectiveness, and the ability to work well and build ecumenical relationships with others
Understanding of good documentation practices and requirements
The successful candidate will be able to make independent decisions, exercise authority when necessary and anticipate needs of the Office
Exhibit mature judgment and exercise discretion due to the confidential and sensitive nature of information/material handled daily.
- Coordinates the preparation of agendas for numerous meetings, committees and retreats; gathers and distributes materials for meetings; attends meetings, composes official minutes of all meetings, and maintains related
- Address sensitive topics related to Human Resources, budget, or other matters, with the utmost confidentiality.
- Monitors, prepares and resolves monthly accounting reports for departments to include all orders, travel expenditures (including expense reports), check requests, invoices, and deposits to ensure proper crediting/debiting and tracking.
- Writes, edits or coordinates the preparation of electronic and printed correspondence, reports, presentations or other printed and/or electronic materials; researches content items for precedents, correctness of presentation and applicability. Answers telephones and electronic communications and gives information to those who call or email, takes messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals, responds to email communications, and responds to calendar requests as needed.
Credentials and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years experience reporting to senior or executive level management, preferably in a medical, academic or research setting.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power-Point) is required.
- Excellent interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills and telephone etiquette is essential.
- Must have the ability to interpret and apply instructions to assigned activities.
- Must be highly organized, capable of self-direction, independent action and exercise good judgment.
- Prefer at least 2 years experience at the executive level.
- Prefer experience in healthcare, research and/or academic setting.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.