DIRECTOR DEVELOPMENT OPERATIONS
Job posting number: #7067332 (Ref:hlj_26104)
Posted: June 30, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Director, Development Operations
The Director, Development Operations will provide leadership and oversight for the operational areas within the Moffitt Cancer Center Foundation, with emphasis on: administrative operations, financial and gift management, database use and management, software use and management, prospect development, research and analytics and providing oversight of gift, pledge, planned gifts and other financial reports.
Will serve as department expert and key resource on gift acceptance, accounting policies, as well as IRS guidelines. They direct and oversee many of the financial activities of the Foundation including preparation of financial and fundraising reports, the establishment and disbursement of philanthropic funds, as well as summaries and forecasts for future program growth, accounting, purchasing and investments. Oversees the preparation and maintenance of the budget and other financial operating reports,and presents findings and recommendations to senior leadership. Responsible for directing comprehensive prospect identification, prospect research, prospect management and training programs to carry out the major fundraising programs of the Moffitt Cancer Center Foundation.
Lead strategic design, development and implementation of support functions that provide a basis for the Foundation to achieve its goals in fundraising. Charged with ensuring the alignment of Foundation support and administrative infrastructure with the strategies, tactics and resources of the department.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Exceptional operational and project management skills, strong organizational skills; utilization of team facilitation and meeting skills
- Experience and ability to evaluate functions and effectively plan to systematically identify areas for improvement and manage change.
- Ability to interact effectively with a variety of people in a team emphasized environment; strong attention to detail; and the ability to meet multiple priorities under strict deadlines is essential; ability to manage significant change.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of gift administration best practices. Maintaining administrative excellence across all processes and policies related to gift and data management and prospect development.
- Results driven, strategically-minded and eager to partner with Foundation teams to help them achieve their fundraising goals.
- Manages and directs team responsible for gift and finance administration, prospect development, data management and analytics
- Administrative oversight and strategic leadership in the planning, implementation, improvement, and evaluation of functions and operations within the Gift and Finance Administration team.
- Develop and standardize system for gift processing, gift acceptance and gift accounting
- Lead a comprehensive data management and analytics program
- Oversee the creation and distribution of all external and internal reports
Credentials and Qualifications:
Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree
Field of Study: Finance, Accounting, Business or related field.
Preferred: Master's Degree
Field of Study: Finance, Accounting, Business or related field
- Minimum of 10 years in progressively-responsible advancement services/foundation operations experience to include Gift and Data Services, Prospect Development, Reporting and Database Management.
- Required knowledge of accounting principles, financial reporting and the ability to understand CASE Reporting Standards, FASB,IRS Regulations and other governing policies & procedures relating to the processing of charitable gifts.
- Technical expertise and experience in database management and system tools, specifically Raiser's Edge, Microsoft Access, Financial Edge, Online Giving Platforms such as Luminate Online/Online Express and reporting platforms such as Tableau with the ability to train staff in the most effective use of the software.
- Experience preparing, analyzing, and interpreting data and philanthropic/financial reports.
- Minimum of 5 years managerial experience, the ability to manage staff and direct workflow is required. Along with a working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Access.
- Ability and knowledge to deputize for the AVP Development Operations in their absence
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.