Job posting number: #7067329 (Ref:hlj_26322)
Posted: June 30, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
*please not: this is a remote position
- The Coding Educator will provide professional services training, consultation, audit and feedback to coders on their coding to ensure correct coding.
- Verify and conforms to applicable guidelines and federal regulations.
- This position serves as a Subject Matter Expert in one of the following capacities: inpatient hospital, outpatient hospital, professional practice coding.
The Ideal Candidate:
- The ideal candidate will have supervisory or training experience specifically to coding.
- Performs periodic quality documentation and coding audits for encounters
- Collaborates with leadership that encoder and computer assisted coding system and relevant support systems are sufficiently capturing services rendered to patients and to assess compliance with Medicare, and other third party requirements for coding and billing purposes.
- Provides specialty - specific training to coders on documentation of services and appropriate coding of evaluation and management and procedures
- Analyzes audit date and provides summary feedback to individual coders, making recommendations for improvement and training
- Provides input in the development, refinement, and implementation of methods and procedures used to complete audit functions
- Participate in training of physicians when necessary
Credentials and Experience:
- Associate's Degree in Health Information Management or other related health field.
- ***In lieu of an Asso Degree, an additional 3 years exp in outpatient and/or professional practice coding exp with coding certification may be considered
- Coding certification required
- Minimum of 3 years outpatient and/or professional practice coding exp (with Asso Degree and Coding Cert)
- Experience with automated patient care and coding systems (Cerner Electronic Health Record, Cerner products Radnet and Surginet, Capstone, OPTUM Enterprise Computer Assisted Coding ("eCAC") and encoder, OPTUM Professional Computer Assisted Coding ("pCAC") and encoder, 3M APC Encoder, ePremis, Patient Keeper, Mosiaq, Soarian financial billing system
- Extensive knowledge of International Classification of Diseases, Tenth Revision, Clinical Modification ("ICD10CM"),International Classification, Tenth Revision, Procedure Coding System ("ICD10PCS"), Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System ("HCPCS"), International Classification International Classification 10, American Healthcare Association ("AHA") coding clinic Guidelines, Medicare Severity Diagnosis Related Groupers ("MSDRG"), All Patient Refined Diagnosis Related Groupers ("APRDRG"), Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services ("CMS") guidelines, National Center for Healthcare Statistics ("NCHS"), Radiation Oncology Coding Guidance (Coding Strategies, American Society for Radiation Oncology ("ASTRO"), American College of Radiation Oncology ("ACRO"), American Health Information Management Association ("AHIMA") and American Academy of Professional Coders ("AAPC") code of ethics. "ACRO"), American Health Information Management Association ("AHIMA") and American Academy of Professional Coders ("AAPC") code of ethics.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.