Full time post-doctoral position
Los Angeles, CA
Job posting number: #7062742
Posted: December 13, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionThe Ahmanson Translational Imaging Division is looking for a talented Postdoctoral Fellow to work in
our Molecular Imaging and Therapy Lab. Our lab main focuses are prostate and pancreatic cancer and
related mechanisms of resistance.
This post-doctoral position is full-time.
Key Responsibilities include:
Projects involve evaluation of radiolabeled small molecule for imaging and therapy and mouse model
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
• A Ph.D. degree in life or biomedical sciences (pharmacology, biology, biochemistry, animal
sciences, physiology) is required
• Record of accomplishment including presentations at scientific conferences and peer-reviewed
• Track record of successes (publication(s), awards etc.)
Preferred education experience and skills:
• Experience in one or more of the following areas is desired: molecular and cell biology; preclinical
models of cancer
• Experience with rodent animal handling is an absolute requirement
• In vivo imaging is a plus
• Experience with cell culture sterile technique
• Experience with flow cytometry would be an advantage
• Experience in basic and advanced molecular biology techniques (PCR, CRISPR technology…)
• Attitude to work with accuracy and reliability in performing technical and analytical tasks
• Strong organizational abilities. Able to work independently and follow through on assignment.
Able to organize and present results in an appropriate format.
The successful candidate will have access to state-of-the-art laboratory equipment and departmental core
facilities for molecular imaging, as well as access to the great UCLA research community.
We value motivation and team member spirit more than prior experience in any particular field.
Exceptional individuals who do not match these descriptions exactly will also be considered.
• For more information about Dr. Czernin’s research, please click on the following links:
The chosen candidate will be funded by discretionary funds and remuneration will be based on NIH's
grants policy on salaries and wages
All applicants must apply through the platform.