Computational Postdoctoral Fellow
Job posting number: #7057403 (Ref:31570)
Posted: May 23, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionComputational Postdoctoral Fellow
Developing omics integration approaches and single cell computational tools for cancer research.
• This computational postdoctoral fellow will be responsible for developing novel analytics for analyzing, visualizing, and interpreting single cell omics data.
• There will be ample opportunities to interact directly with basic, translational, clinical researchers, bioinformaticians, and biostatisticians to develop algorithms or tools for analyzing single cell data.
The Ideal Candidate:
• A highly motivated researcher with a strong quantitative scientific background and programming skills.
• Research background/experiences in machine learning, AI, and/or interactive tool development.
• Ability to learn new tools and knowledge is highly desirable.
• Will be responsible for developing novel analytics for analyzing, visualizing, and interpreting single cell omics data.
• Will help understand tumor-microenvironment changes, cancer patient treatment response, and for treatment prediction.
Credentials and Qualifications:
Required: PhD in Data Science, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computer Science, or related fields.
• Experience in developing open-source software and/or interactive web-based tools.
• Solid quantitative background and experiences of developing novel algorithms or methods for analyzing time series data.
• Experience of integration of multi-omics data including whole exome sequencing, RNA-seq, metabolomics, proteomics, etc.
• Research background in machine learning and AI.
• Experience with cloud computing/compute cluster environments.
• Excellent communication and writing skills.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter summarizing their research training and accomplishments, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals, current CV with recent publications, and contact information for three references to Dr. Y. Ann Chen @ Ann.Chen@moffitt.org.
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and a drug free workplace